Week 6: 04-08 March
please find the news and updates for this week below:
1. Coffee time: Coffee time with the director has started and so far Nergis Uyan has met three different groups to have a chat over a cup of coffee.
2. Reading Club:
ScOLa Reading Club met for the second time last week to share their perspectives on the article “Why Don’t Students Like School?”. During this two-hour idea-sharing session, the participants discussed their notes on the following questions:
- What is the author’s answer to the question of why students don’t like school?
- To what extend do you agree/disagree with the answer?
- Would that answer guide us into creating the right conditions for learning? How?
- How would you reflect on the suggested implications?
- Which of those you believe may have guided your way of teaching so far?
- Which activity/task types or classroom procedures does each implication remind you of?
The third session will be held on 14.03.2019-Thursday.
3. Common Time Developmental Sessions:
You can find this week’s session information below:
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com by Wednesday if you would like to attend this session so that she can make the necessary arrangements.
4. MA Thesis Presentation:
Meltem Akpınar Yılmaz presented her MA dissertation entitled “The Perceptions of The Team Leaders Working in a School of Foreign Languages About School Effectiveness: A Case Study” to inform the ScOLa management group about the aim, methodology and findings of her study.
5. SEC 101 – ScOLa Seminar:
Khosro Vahabi, from the UGE program, gave a session entitled “A More Sustainable ÖzU-The Fight against Single-use Plastic”. The session was open to all ÖzU students aiming at raising the awareness of our students regarding the issue, and 45 students attended the session.
6. March Birthdays: