British Council Higher Education Talks: ’English language teaching in higher education under Covid-19 circumstances: How did language programmes prepare for the fall semester and beyond?’
In this webinar, the current context of English language provision in universities in the UK and Turkey will be discussed in the light of the below questions:
- How have English language programmes in Turkey and the UK responded to the challenges of moving their English language provision to online?
- What are current institutional reflections on quality assurance systems that can support high quality online teaching of English?
- What teacher support systems are needed to facilitate large scale remote teaching?
- What are the learning points that can take institutions from emergency remote teaching to high quality remote teaching of English in pre and in-sessional course?
- How did students respond to learning English online?
Date & Time: Tuesday 27 October 2020 – 14:00