Week 2: February 21-25
Please find the news and updates for this week below:
1. Common Time Professional Development Sessions
This week, ScOLa Faculty Reading Club will have its fourth meeting in this academic year. In this meeting, the club will read and discuss about “social cognition” and synthesising affect and cognition in teaching and learning.
2. ScOLa Clubs
As announced before, this semester, we are offering more variety in ScOLa Clubs for our students who would like to take part in further extra-curricular activities. You can see the list of clubs and relevant posters below:
- B1 Speaking Club by Mojgan Ziaeenejad
- Discover Far East Club by Betül Selcan Şentürk (B1)
- Writing Fun Club by Olcay Ergülü (B2 and B1)
- Engineers’ Club by Özlem Kaplan Snyder (B2)
Club sessions are starting this week. Please remind your students once again how these clubs can contribute to their language improvement and they are also a chance to socialize with their peers, and encourage them to apply to these clubs. Also, the students who attend at least 60% of all available sessions of a club will be rewarded with SEC101 credits.